- Home /home on the range…
EasyTable Pro! product info & how-to's
- Get EasyTable Pro!
- Getting Started
- Manager Features
- Search Options
- Field Types & Tokens
- Displaying your Table
- Access Control
- Detail View
- Advanced Display Options
- Advanced Settings
- EasyCode Include
- EasyTable Pro! product info & how-to's
Downloads get your files here...
- EasyTable Pro! Login to see your downloads
- EasyNAB for AkSubs Login to see your downloads
- EasyNAB for JDonation Login to see your downloads
- EasyTable for J! free... as in beer.
- EasyCode Include ...the geeks content plugin...
- EasyFooTables ...the cool tables plugin...
- EasyGoogleCSE ...the easy Google search mod...
- EasyStaging ...your website staging helper...
- EasyDownloads ...your secure download manager...
- CommWeb/MIGS for VM2 Login to see your downloads
- Register for Forums
- Category: 1.1
- Published on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 13:49
- Written by Craig Phillips
- Hits: 4977
Upgrading/Installing EasyTable Pro 1.2.0+ ( the Joomla! 2.5 compatible release ) installation process varies under different situations.
Aug. 2012: In line with the end of life for Joomla! 1.5, support for Joomla! 1.5 compatible versions is no longer available.
(This document has been updated to 1.2.3)
N.B. We recommend that you create a tested backup of your website before doing any work on it. We like Akeeba Backup Pro and it's System Restore Points feature a lot for situations where we are installing new extensions or upgrading existing ones. Of course it goes without saying that you should take a full backup prior to making any of these changes.
To install you use the standard Joomla!->Extensions->Extension Manager->Install.
Install the EasyTable component ( X.X.X-com_easytablepro.zip ) file first, then install the search plugin ( X.X.X-pkg_easytablepro.zip ) zip file.
e.g. for the 1.2.0 version the file names will are 1.2.0-com_easytablepro.zip and 1.2.0-pkg_easytablepro.zip
A normal install will supply some basic success/failure information on completion as shown below:
*If you do not see the basic information shown in the screen shot above, it is probably because you have AkeebaBackup installed and it's Restore Points feature enabled. In these circumstances, immediately after installing click on the Manage tab to see the success/failure messages.
Installing after Upgrading Joomla!
to 2.5 from a 1.5 Site
This next section is for users migrating an existing Joomla! 1.5 website to Joomla! 2.5.x
It is important that your Joomla! 1.5 website is using the latests versions before you do your migration. For EasyTable for J! that is version 1.0.5b, for EasyTable Pro! it is version 1.0.0 (Stable). You can download the latest versions from those links.
If you haven't already migrated to Joomla! 2.5 you can do a "partial" uninstall of EasyTable Pro prior to your upgrade this will leave all of the database tables and settings on your server. Then when you use one of the popular migration tools to move to Joomla! 2.5 the tables will be copied across.
The EasyTable Pro Installer will look for the tables #__easytables and #__easytables_table_meta (where #__ is Joomla! shorthand for the current table prefix).
If the installer finds these tables it will swap over to and upgrade process and update the EasyTable Pro table to work with Joomla! 2.5's ACL. The upgrade process will present a serious of messages on completion similar to the image below. N.B. It is normal for there to be a series of red X's when an update is performed, the important aspect of each red X is the line immediately after which should say the issue has been fixed.
N.B. An important point to remember is that linked Easytables will have to be deleted and recreated to ensure they work (i.e. you're deleting the EasyTable Pro table entry not the actual table in your database). This is because many of the tables have changed both their names and internal structure to accomdate the new features of Joomla! 2.5.
Manual migration of EasyTable tables
N.B. If you are unsure of what you're doing with phpMyAdmin do not use this process you could destroy your website.
If you have built a new Joomla! 2.5.x website rather than upgrading a previous 1.5.x website you will need to manually copy the database tables. These steps are based on your new upgraded site being hosted on the same account as your old Joomla! 1.5 website and database. If you are using a different account or host for the new website you will have to us phpMyAdmin to export a copy of the tables and import them into your new website database.
The tables in your previous Joomla! 1.5 installation that you want to copy are easily identified by the fact that they all have the string "easytables" in their name, you can see this in the screenshot below of phpMyAdmin's list of tables after they've been filtered:
To successfully migrate your tables from your old database to your new on you will need to:
- Copy the EasyTable tables from your old database to your new database
- Rename your tables to have the same prefix as your new Joomla! 2.5 installation.
- Install EasyTable Pro! 1.2
In phpMyAdmin the first step should be to select your Joomla! 1.5 database and filter the table list to just show "easytables" — as shown above. Then the copy and rename can be done in one step.
1. Click on the first table in your filtered table source list (it should be the #__easytables table, where the #__ is your Joomla! 1.5 prefix typically "jos_", so "jos_easytables")
2. Click on the Operations tab on the end of your phpMyAdmin menu bar:
3. In the "Copy Table to" panel you will see your currently selected table and database, like this:
4. Change the database menu to your new database and change the prefix on the table to reflect the new prefix in you Joomla! 2.5 database. In our example the "Copy Table to" panel now looks like this:
5. Click "Go" and if everything worked correctly you will see a message similar to this:
6. Once that's done you can repeat steps 1-5 for each table you have in your filtered list. (On some versions of phpMyAdmin you may need to re-filter the table list after clicking "Go" in step five.)
7. Now you can install EasyTable Pro! 1.1 and it will detect the tables during installation and work as it should.
Upgrading EasyTable Pro! 1.2.0 to a newer version
If you are upgrading from a previous version of EasyTable Pro! 1.2.0 to another ( e.g. 1.2.0 to 1.2.3 ) you can simply install the new version over the top of your previous one. Generally when doing this the results of a successful installation will look very similar to the previous screenshot, the only red X's will relate to legacy files, as shown below, and are OK.
EasyTable Pro! 1.2.3 is very similar to the 1.0.0 line with the exception of Joomla! 2.5 features, such as the new ACL system. To get started with your first table we recommend you start with the Introduction to the EasyTable Editor and progress through that series of articles. Where there are differences we are peddling as fast as we can to update the articles, but feel free to ask for help in the Support Subscribers forum, after all thats what you paid for.
Uninstalling EasyTable Pro!
EasyTable Pro! is uninstalled just like any normal Joomla! 2.5 Extension. Navigate to Extensions->Extension Manager->Manage.
An easy way to find the EasyTable Pro! software is to type "easy" into the Filter box
Click on the check box next to EasyTable Pro! and then click on the "Uninstall" button in Joomla!'s toolbar. When EasyTable Pro! is successfully uninstalled you will see a message similar to the following screenshot.
If you installed the search plugin for EasyTable you will need to follow the same procedure to remove it.
EasyTable Pro! Subscriptions
EasyTable Pro! Subscriptions are available for 1 or 3 months.
Popular Related Articles
Read More +
With EasyTable Pro's field options you can combine several fields to produce a custom URL for each record. There are lots… Read More +
Sorting CSS Classes
When table sorting is enable clicking on the column heading will sort the records on the current page… Read More +
EasyTable for J 1.0+ and EasyTable Pro! imports data in a CSV file format. (EasyTable Pro! also supports the TSV… Read More +
Simply put, EasyTable is a… Read More +