- Home /home on the range…
EasyTable Pro! product info & how-to's
- Get EasyTable Pro!
- Getting Started
- Manager Features
- Search Options
- Field Types & Tokens
- Displaying your Table
- Detail View
- Advanced Display Options
- Advanced Settings
- Automatic Imports using CRON
- EasyGitHub Include
- EasyTable Pro! product info & how-to's
Downloads get your files here...
- EasyTable Pro! Login to see your downloads
- EasyNAB for AkSubs Login to see your downloads
- EasyNAB for JDonation Login to see your downloads
- EasyTable for J! free... as in beer.
- EasyGitHub Include ...the geeks content plugin...
- EasyStaging ...your website staging helper...
- EasyDownloads ...your secure download manager...
- CommWeb/MIGS for VM2 Login to see your downloads
- Register for Forums
- Category: 1.1
- Published on Wednesday, 01 August 2012 09:26
- Written by Craig Phillips
- Hits: 3060
This article refers to EasyTable Pro! 1.1.0+ for Joomla! 2.5, see here for EasyTable Pro! 1.0.0 and Joomla! 1.5.
So you've created your first table now how do you show it to the world, well your web sites users anyway.
Like a lot of Joomla! components the content is displayed by a direct menu link. So the first thing to do after creating and publishing your EasyTable is to create a menu that links to your table. The easiest way to do this in Joomla! 2.5+ is to create the menu item directly in the menu you want it to appear, so from the Menus menu select the desired menu and then select Add New Menu Item, like so:
As with all menu items in Joomla! you must select a menu type, in fact it's the first option in the Details section of the new menu item.
Clicking the Select button will show you all of the menu item types available in your installation of Joomla! — as the choices are ordered based on what is installed the exact postion of the EasyTable Pro! menu items may vary, in the image shown below we have selected just the EasyTable Pro! menu types. If you have several extensions that add additional menu item types then you may need to scroll the menu item listing to reveal the one you're after.
As you can see, from the screen shot above, there are several options available for EasyTable Pro!
- Tables — List Layout (follow the link to read more)
- The Tables List Layout allows you to display a list of Published tables that are available on your website and provides options to sort, restrict by access and enable pagination for large lists of tables.
- Records Layouts — EasyTable Pro! includes three layouts for displaying a table and it records, the Default template, the Ranked template and the Search Results Only template.
- Default template — this layout provides a standard table view.
- Ranked template — this layout will calculate and display a "ranking" for each record based on the value of a table field specified by you, e.g. NBA Player Points or your local football divisions ranking or a set of comparible products.
- Search Results Only — this layout will only display records that match the search criteria, if NO search term is provided then a message prompting the user to enter some search terms is provided in place of the records. This layout also lets you define an initial search criteria (unlike filtering an initial search criteria can be cleared by the end user).
EasyTable Pro! Subscriptions
EasyTable Pro! Subscriptions are available for 1 or 3 months.
Popular Related Articles
EasyTable Pro!… Read More +
With EasyTable Pro's field options you can combine several fields to produce a custom URL for each record. There are lots… Read More +
Sorting CSS Classes
When table sorting is enable clicking on the column heading will sort the records on the current page… Read More +
EasyTable for J 1.0+ and EasyTable Pro! imports data in a CSV file format. (EasyTable Pro! also supports the TSV… Read More +
Simply put, EasyTable is a… Read More +