EasyTable Pro! is derived from our popular EasyTable for J! component and in most core features is very similar — to get an understanding of the components we recommend that you download EasyTable for J! and try it out.
EasyTable Pro! version 1.4.8 is the current release.
The current version of the EasyTable Pro! component is available now to subscribers and is a Joomla! 2.5+ and 3.3+ native release. Version 1.2.3 is not compatible with Joomla! 1.5, to use EasyTable Pro! with Joomla! 1.5 please use the 1.0.0 release of EasyTable Pro! Component.
Aug. 2015: In line with the end of life for Joomla! 2.5, support for Joomla! 2.5 compatible versions is no longer available. EasyTable Pro version 1.5 and higher may not work with Joomla 2.5.x
Aug. 2012: In line with the end of life for Joomla! 1.5, support for Joomla! 1.5 compatible versions is no longer available.
There are more details in the EasyTable Pro! Changelog.
As always we would encourage you to provide feedback about the direction we're taking with EasyTable Pro in the forums. We appreciate our active Support Subscribers so please give us feedback on the Pro version of the component in the Subscriber Forum.
What's in EasyTable Pro?
The current release of EasyTable Pro is feature complete and includes the following:
- New in 1.4! Automatic Uploads.
- New in 1.4! Interantional Date features.
- New in 1.4! Support for Label Overrides in AJAX tables and more.
- New in 1.3! Joomla 3.3+ native support.
- New in 1.3! DataTables AJAX Layout
- New in 1.3! Advanced Filters (multiple fields, new comparison operators, special MySQL date and time comparison values and values from PHP statements)
- Settings to control access by Users are now implemented using Joomla! 2.5's ACL model.
- Settings to tweak the way EasyTable Pro handles imported files are now available to the Super Administrator.
- Table records can be edited, deleted and created from the administration screens.
- New records can be appended to the table during an upload (instead of just replacing the existing records)
- User ID or Username can be used to filter records in a table.
- Extensive (and useful) Tooltips have been added to all admin screens.
- You can delete fields from the table structure.
- You can add fields to the table structure.
- You can create a menu link directly to a specific record in your table
- Detail/record views now display links to the Previous & Next Record.
- There is a preference to hide/show the Next/Prev record link.
- Table columns support DATE, NUMBER, IMAGE, URL, EMAIL and TEXT types
- Field types map to the storage type used in MySQL.
- Field alias' can be edited.
- Table columns can be excluded from EasyTable searches.
- Tables can be searched by Joomla's built-in search function
- The field options are implemented for URL masking, number and date formatting and token replacement (read more).
- Breadcrumbs can show a "leaf" value for individual records eg. US Presidents / George Washington
- Leaf values are used to make better SEF URLs eg. /us-presidents/george-washington.html
- EasyTable for J! and EasyTable Pro support both partial and complete uninstall (see below).
- Extensive HTML ID's and CSS class labels provide extensive layout control
- TAB or CSV files can be imported.