- Category: EasyStaging
- Published on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 15:42
- Written by Craig Phillips
- Hits: 1752
This article details the changes between the 1.2.1 version and the original 1.0.0 relase of the EasyStaging component.
1.2.1 Release Monday, 26 May 2014 1830
- 1.2.1 Changes
- Change Plan run message in Plan view to local time not UTC.
- Remove unnecessary width limitation on #lastRunStatus div.
- 1.2.1 Fixes
- Fix JVTag to work on both PHP 5.3 and 5.4, not just 5.4… doh.
- Fix silent failure of Rsync Test button when plan is unpublished.
- Fix table filter message appearing for RunOnly users.
1.2.0 Release Friday, 23 May 2014 0830
- 1.2.0 Additions
- Add Joomal 3.3+ support.
- Add more robust Database Conection test.
- Add 'WARNING' class to warning messages.
- Add <br>'s to output for strings that no longer have them in language file.
- Add a general helper to getJoomlaVersionTag().
- Add ability to append system messages rather than over writting.
- Add dummy SQL to set schema to the right version number.
- Add J3 style icon to EasyStaging Manager title.
- Add J3 Templates
- Add Joomla 3 support for Plan screen.
- Add tooltip to Plan link in Plan Manager.
- 1.2.0 Changes
- Change install script to move version specific /cli script.
- Change tooltip language file keys to end with _TT
- Exclude testing buttons for RunOnly users.
- Improve new tables found message by removing repeated sentence fragment.
- Move 'How it Works' to sub-tmpl.
- Move end of line breaks out of translatable strings.
- Move Run layout to version specific naming.
- Move tmpl to version specific naming.
- Remove temporary variables.
- Remove unused CSS selector that will conflict with J3
- Remove unused help button from toolbar.
- Rename /cli script due to unavoidable difference in Joomla Framework versions (aka Platform).
- Replace deprecated JUtility::getToken() call.
- Replace JPackageManifest call getXML call which didn't disappear from the J3 classes.
- Report uncaught step failure in CLI
- Simplify getJoomlaVersionTag() method.
- Sort Language file.
- Use Legacy naming convention.
- 1.2.0 Fixes
- Fix 'strict' warning for function signature.
- Fix "strict" warnings causing plan reporting to fail.
- Fix Action buttons not working because of string to number comparisons after "use strict"
- Fix cases where "Plan must be saved" warnings are immediately overwritten by filter messages.
- Fix column widths etc.
- Fix disable state for Plan Action buttons.
- Fix duplicate DOM name for "Test Rsync" button.
- Fix duplicate ID's in table filter buttons.
- Fix formatting of Plans list on mobile devices.
- Fix missing link for Plans that user can RunOnly.
- Fix more JSHint issues.
- Fix php file flag setting being ignored. Simplify by using standard Yes/No values in form.
- Fix quoting issues.
- Fix RunOnly Access check for Plan view.
- Fix small jump in Filters box and reveal of buttons.
- Fix table actions filter broken by "use strict"
- Fix table name filter not showing all tables when cleared of text.
- Fix tables not copying on initial plan run if remote database has no tables.
- Fix tmpl's not loading.
- Fix typo in language key.
1.1.4 Release Monday, 31 March 2014 1351
- 1.1.4 Additions
- Add 'onError' handler for transient server issues.
- Add error suppression work around for SiteGround servers that throw a warning when JAppicationCLI tries to __destruct() a non-existent JSession when exiting.
- Add removal of script time_limit to help with large plans.
- Add workaround for Hive servers that aren't returning results from exec().
- 1.1.4 Changes
- Move file and rsync methods to runHelper.
- 1.1.4 Fixes
- Fix default port to check for remote DB to MySQL 3306.
- Fix missing sprintf parameter for logging of steps that could cause some servers to abort the CLI.
- Fix stupid status bug in contactHost() when response is really quick, sub 1ms.
1.1.3 Release Monday, 9 December 2013 1948
- 1.1.3 Additions
- Added additional setting for remote host in preparation for 1.3 and connection testing.
- Add Database connection and File Copy Action testing.
- 1.1.3 Fixes
- Fix excessive blank lines in logs.
- Fix 'Undefined variable' warning on Checked-out plans.
- Fix layout of filter box in tables tab.
- Fix strict error under PHP5.4
1.1.2 Release Friday, 6 September 2013 2206
- 1.1.2 Fixes
- Add missing "Steps" table to update SQL files.
- Re-add 1.1.0 update SQL due to missing ; in first statement causing update to fail.
1.1.1 Release Tuesday, 3 September 2013 2030
- 1.1.1 Additions
- Add a more robust method of getting our RunTicket argument (helpful when 'at' is badly setup).
- Add an option to capture any PHP output from PlanRunner when launched by AT (handy if you don't have enough RAM allocated to PHP).
- Add check for a runticket (as well as a runDirectory) when write out to the log file.
- Add CLI files and System language file to exclusions.
- Add EasyStaging's /media directory to default exclusions (apparently some odd distros of rsync are broken).
- Add extra details in feedback from calling '_runScriptInBackground()' (useful for finding out when you're in the 'at.deny' file)
- Add logging to _runScriptInBackground() if JDEBUG is true (handy when your host has no idea, again why are you running on a hosting service?).
- Add missing strings for plan runner launching.
- Add option to execute Plan Runner via AT or directly through shell_exec()
- Add params for PHP switches -q 'quiet' and -f 'file' (handy for some broken CentOS PHP combinations).
- 1.1.1 Changes
- Change installer script "update from x to y" string to JText.
- Change message response to provide more details about what was launched and how.
- Change PlanRunner output to a global function '_write_pr_log()' for those cases where everything goes wrong.
- Change script to be consistent with config.xml value.
- Change version meta for 1.1.1 Release.
- 1.1.1 Fixes
- Fix launch message for 'AT' so the job number is returned. (Handy when you find an AT queue with hundreds of other jobs stalled in it.)
- Fix sequence of version in Minimum PHP error message.
- Fix timer still running after 'runEnded()' called in some situations.
- Fix undefined strict error when updating but `path_to_php` is set.
- Fix undefined variable error — whoops.
- Remove $_SERVER check for those people that won't listen, this is only helpful for those that insist on runing EasyStaging on a hosting service — get a VM people!
- White space.
1.1.0 Release Sunday, 18 August 2013 14:30
- 1.1.0 Additions
- Add `#__easystaging_rsyncs` to uninstall SQL.
- Add missing "from" to cli cleanup message.
- Add removal of plan runner file from /cli to uninstall().
- Add setting of the path to the PHP binary in the postflight of the install script.
- 1.1.0 Changes
- Change plan.json to use the path to the PHP binary as defined in component params.
- Change uninstall message.
- 1.1.0 Fixes
- Fixed typo in rsync description.
- Fix JS in `plan.js` from left-over morphing line.
- Fix undefined property in uninstall() method.
1.1.0RC2 Released Monday, 05 August 2013 10:00
- 1.1.0RC2 Additions
- Add Checked_out status to Plans view.
- Add missing 'when' to description text for 'Default Table Added Action' in Preferences.
- Add relative date information to last run message in Plans view.
- Add Check-in strings for Plans.
- 1.1.0RC2 Changes
- Change password fields to password types.
- Change PHP minimum to 5.3.10
- Change state to default to "Not Published" for new Plans.
- 1.1.0RC2 Fixes
- Fix display of Plan Description for RunOnly users.
- Fix JS error for new Plans that are "published" but aren't actually saved yet.
- Fix JS error in Joomla.submit() for RunOnly users when cancelling/closing the Plan.
- Fix JText key for PHP Version check.
- Fix the multiple message bars appearing when using the table filter buttons.
1.1.0RC1 Released Wednesday, 31 July 2013 15:07
- 1.1.0RC1 Additions
- Add — Use the Max Packet size setting from Preferences.
- Add '.DS_Store' to default exclusions.
- Add 'status' flag for situations where we encounter a serious error in a step.
- Add 'Table Copy Replace' to table action options.
- Add 'table-settings' class to table rows for the filtering JS.
- Add "Helpful Notes" to explain table actions and rsync usage.
- Add (move) getTokenSegment() from plan.js
- Add a check() method to the tables table so that merge actions only apply to tables with a Primary Key.
- Add a filterTableActions() call to the domready() to prefilter the table view to show those tables with actions by default.
- Add a global preference for default table actions on new plan or new tables for existing plan.
- Add a hide/show toggle to table filtering UI.
- Add a method to return the JTable of a specific step.
- Add a reference to password-less rsync to remote path tooltip.
- Add a utility function to add <br> tags to the end of each line of log text being sent back to the browser.
- Add a utility function to centralise logging and updating step details for the browser status updates.
- Add a utility method to gather profile data about the current steps table.
- Add addMessages() to allow additional messages to be displayed without clearing existing.
- Add advanced Global preferences tab.
- Add basic object and array comparison functions.
- Add basic structure to performTableMerge()
- Add basics of Steps table.
- Add CLI folder to manifest.
- Add copying of plan_runner to preflight method of install 'script.php'
- Add current version to #howitworks panel.
- Add descriptions for MOVE file action.
- Add detection of tables with invalid column names as determined by Joomla!
- Add DisableToolbarBtns() functionality. Hide secondary tabs (to disable access) during a plan run.
- Add docblock to getPlan().
- Add emptyTable() method for target table.
- Add filtering of tables by name.
- Add filtering to Tables tab.
- Add getPlan() to helper.
- Add helper for plan runs.
- Add helpers to build a profile a given table.
- Add Icon and CSS to experimental features testing button.
- Add in new AJAX scripts to support new plan runner mechanism.
- Add language strings for new global preferences.
- Add Lockout to the Plan run buttons if the plan isn't clean.
- Add logic to create and run new style fileCopyActions (rsyncs).
- Add method to check if a process $pid is running.
- Add method to return a file name for rsync output.
- Add method to run a script via shell. i.e. in background.
- Add methods to handle merging records back from remote table.
- Add missing blank index.html and gpl.txt
- Add missing installer strings.
- Add missing language keys for getTableProfile()
- Add missing scope and static declarations which break json output on 'strict' servers.
- Add new AJAX entry point and status response structure for launching Plan Runner.
- Add preference for AJAX check interval.
- Add progress reporting for steps.
- Add refresh() for long running jobs.
- Add Rsync function to PlanRunner.
- Add Rsyncs table.
- Add SQL update files.
- Add table filter for tables with an action (i.e. NOT skipped)
- Add the copy back action to action routing.
- Add UI and logic for adding and removing file actions (rsyncs).
- Add valid response for tables with no records.
- 1.1.0RC1 Changes
- Change — Alpha sort language files.
- Change — Dry exclusion file handling.
- Change — Rename createTableExportFile() to make function clearer in preparation for upcoming mergeTable export methods.
- Change — Rename function to be clearer about the export type.
- Change — Rename local and remote to 'source' and 'target' respectively, to reflect new actions.
- Change — Replace depreciated JRequest with JInput
- Change — Replace depreciated key_exists() call.
- Change — Replace with call to table->save()
- Change 'config.xml' to use JText keys.
- Change "Helpful Notes" layout to be clearer about table action types.
- Change "Plan Runner" message to include the `at` result via sprintf.
- Change `steps` table to size action column better.
- Change Action6 to "Replace" to make it clearer.
- Change appendTextToCurrentStatus() to allow caller to define the text between current status and new text.
- Change component version check in preflight to ignore the build/commit hash.
- Change copy of CLI file to a move.
- Change createTableExportFile() to use a supplied DB connection.
- Change creation of rsync step so JSON elements match naming of form.
- Change echo of error messages to JError's (echo's will not be seen).
- Change filter label to the right global JText token.
- Change isRunTicketValid() for the requirements of the Plan Runner.
- Change JText key names to match use.
- Change JText::sprintf strings to be tokenised for positional use in other languages.
- Change language strings and make keys more consistent.
- Change method name to make it clearer.
- Change report status to only report when a response is different from the previous one.
- Change runTableExport() to target supplied database connection.
- Change SwapDBs() into a swap Source and Target method.
- Change table export functions back to using the objects DB's by implementing a simple function to swap the source and target DB's for copy backs.
- Change the name filter to kick in after 3 or more characters are entered.
- Change to return scheduled message from `at` as we can't get the PID for an indeterminate amount of time.
- Improve format of CSS for easier readability.
- Improve structure of Action menu for tables.
- Improved structure of Action6 description.
- Make prefix swapping method more flexible for pull back table actions.
- Make version_compare calls operator style consistent.
- Migrate table functions to table actions in plan_runner.
- Move and update _get_run_directory() to RunHelper.
- Move background high-light colour to `payattention` CSS class.
- Move retrieval of plan_id and site objects to start of run and attach to this.
- Move table actiontype to a custom field.
- Remove left-over testing condition.
- Remove legacy functions.
- Remove old rsync methods.
- Remove references to "Pro" version from branding, headers etc.
- Remove unused method _rsync_output_file_name().
- Remove unused variables.
- Structure CSS in a more logical order.
- Update status checking mechanism.
- Wrap the planrunner run loop in a check for the odd condition where the plan's source and target sites couldn't be retreived.
- 1.1.0RC1 Fixes
- Fix — Prevent Un-published Plans from being run.
- Fix action_type switching in performTableMerge()
- Fix broken exclusion file for rsync call.
- Fix broken layout for "Unpublished" plans.
- Fix class name for Rsyncs table class.
- Fix docblock to hlep show correct type in IDE.
- Fix infinite loop in getPIDForName()...
- Fix issues with MySQL going away on some hosts in doMergeRecords().
- Fix JText tokens in install 'script.php'.
- Fix lockOutBtns() for dirty plans so that tabs are still available.
- Fix message reporting by refreshing the step object first.
- Fix object compare function.
- Fix occassional NaN messages in the table filtering methods.
- Fix passing of array instead of first element.
- Fix plan not finishing in edge cases where a plan only has 1 table but no export file is created.
- Fix quoting on SQL
- Fix quoting, remove escaping (WTF?)
- Fix response when plan runner couldn't be launched.
- Fix situations where an exclusion line is an inclusion (i.e. starts with a +)
- Fix SQL for create statement for Steps table.
- Fix Table copying stage string literal.
- Fix table name in export exposed by new copy back usage.
- Fix the counting of tables to process vs actually processed.
- Fix updating of filter message so that it occurs only after all rows are processed, not once per row.
1.0.0 Released Tuesday, 12 June 2012
- Category: EasyStaging
- Published on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 23:44
- Written by Craig Phillips
- Hits: 6482
Making "staging" sites easier to copy to "live" servers!
This article is about a previous version of EasyStaging and is out of date, the current version is 1.1.1
Each Plan has several basic attributes including:
- Published States
Ideally a Plan should have a name indicative of it's purpose. In our examples we have two Plans, the first is called "Publish Site" which copies the entire staging site ( files and database tables ) to the live site location. The "Publish Articles" Plan by comparison only copies the contents of the /images directory ( Joomla!'s default location for storing user generated content such as PDF, photo's etc ) and the required tables from database, rather than all of the tables.
The description is primarily used to provide a quick explanation of the Plan's function to users viewing the list of Plans in the EasyStaging Manager.
A Plan can be either Published or Unpublished. In addition you can also specify "Publish Up" and "Publish Down" dates to set a time span during which the Plan can be used.
To complete a Plan prior to running it you must configure the details and settings in the "Local Site Details", "Remote Site Details" and the "Table Settings" tabs. When you initally create a new Plan the first tab you see will be that "Status" tab as shown below.
Each of these tabs are discussed below including a description of each field or setting available to configure the Plan.
Once the details of the have been configured to your requirements you can "Save" it ready for use.
The "Status" tab contains the Plan controls and the details of the last time the it was run.
The process of running a Plan is covered in the article "What is a Plan? And How do I run one?"
The "Local Site Details" tab contains the details to be used as the source or local site from which files and database tables are copied. The initial values that appear in this AB are copied from the Joomla! configuration file of the staging site and may only need minor tweaking.
The "Site Name" and "Site URL" fields are used in the feedback and logging process to help make it clear to you what each stage is doing.
The "Directory to Sync" is the path to the source directory that will be used the rsync command for the copying of files from the local or "Staging" site to the remote/Live site. In the example shown in the screen capture the path is to the root directory of the website.
The "Table Prefix" is used to process the names of the tables in the database and convert them to the correct name on the remote server. This allows a different prefix to be used on the staging and live sites.
The "Rsync Options" field should probably be left as the default values unless you are very confident in your understanding of rsync options.
The "File Exclusions" field allows you to set patterns that will be excluded from and rsync operation. EasyStaging will not copy itself, log/ ,cache/ , tmp/ or any .htaccess or Joomla!'s configuration.php file.
To be precise the content of the "File Exclusions" field is appended to these predefined exclusions:
The "Remote Site Details" contains the details to be used for the live site (the destination we are copying files and database tables to).
As you can see in the screen shot below the Remote Site Details that are required.
The value in the "Directory to Sync" field can be any valid rsync directory. This will be used as the destination directory for the rsync process used by this Plan.
The Database Name, User and Password fields are used in conjunction with the "Database Host" field to remotely access the "Live" websites database. The remote database must also be setup to allow remote connections from the IP Address of the "Staging" site that the EasyStaging component is running on.
The "Table Prefix" field is used to convert the names of the local database tables to the correct naming convention for the live site. When used with the "Table Prefix" field from the "Local Site Details" tab EasyStaging can easily swap the prefix out for test and creation of the export SQL.
The "Table Settings" tab contains details of each of the tables in the Database and how they will be treated when a plan is run. The "Action" that is take on a table can be one of three available.
This table will not be copied and is skipped completely when building the SQL exports for the "Live" database.
Copy To Live
This table will be copied and is included when building the SQL exports for the "Live" database.
Copy To Live, Only if not found.
This table will only be copied if it doesn't exist on the remote server, if EasyStaging finds a table with the same then it is skipped completely when building the SQL exports for the "Live" database. If the table doesn't exist on the remote/live server then it will be included when building the SQL exports for the "Live" database.
This last option is useful for table like Joomla!'s #_session table. Joomla! needs this table to work but the records in it relate to the user session on the actual site. To copy the session data from the staging site to the live site could potentially delete a users sessions and result in site issue for the end user. When you initially create a Plan the #_session table is automatically set to "Copy To Live, Only if not found" to prevent this very issue.
This article is about a previous version of EasyStaging and is out of date, the current version is 1.1.1
What is a Plan?
In EasyStaging terminology a plan is a group of settings that are used to control the two core actions that EasyStaging performs.
- copy new files (images, PDF, PHP etc) from the current server to a "live" or second location
- copy database tables from the current server to a "live" or second location
Anyone that has the permissions set by the Super user can create a Plan - so be very careful who you give these permissions to. In most cases only the Super user will need to create new Plans, as the most common use of EasyStaging is not creating Plans but running them.
So, a Plan provides a mechanism to define which directories are copied from you Staging website locaion to your Live website location and through the use of rsync options and exclusion patterns you can define which files/directories are excluded from the synch process. Similarly EasyStaging Plans provide an interface that lets you specify which and under what conditions tables are copied from the Staging database to the Live database.
As a point of note EasyStaging doesn't copy itself or any traces of itself to the Live site.
How do I run a Plan?
To "run" a Plan you need that permission given to your Joomla! user, EasyStaging works with the Joomla! 1.7/2.5 ACL so that you can give a user or user group just that permission. A user with only "Run" permission can't create, edit, delete or publish/unpublish a Plan, they can simply run plans. Thanks to the flexibility of Joomla!'s ACL you can even create a Plan that can be run by only a single user, and that user is in turn restricted to just that single Plan.
Step 1. Select "EasyStaging" from the Components menu. It looks like this:
This takes you to the EasyStaging Manager screen, shown below.
As you can see, each Plan has a description to tell you what it does. In this case the Super user has setup the "Publish Aritcles" Plan to copy Articles, Categories and Front Page settings (ie. database tables that hold this information) as well as synchronise the /images directory at the staging and live locations.
For the "Publish Site" Plan the Super user has created a plan to copy the entire site ie. all the files and all the database tables to the live location.
Step 2. Select the Plan you want to run by clicking it name in the EasyStaging Manager. In the example screen shown below (click to enlarge) there are two Plans available - "Publish Articles" and "Publish Site".
Step 3. If you only have "Run" permissions you will see the Plan details shown below.
The Plan view shown with "Run" only permission shows the basic details of the Plan and a single TAB called "Staus" with 3 buttons. The first two buttons ( 1 & 2 ) start a specific part of the Plan while the third button ( 3 ) runs the entire plan. Clicking on any of these buttons will start the relevant section of the Plan runnng to run both the file copy and then the database copy use the green button (3).
Once a stage start executing the "Waiting..." text will be updated with the progress log, until the run completes.
IMPORTANT: The execution of an EasyStaging Plan is run through AJAX call to the server and thus is dependent on your browser remain on the Plan page until it has completed. If you close the window or navigate to another webpage the run will be incomplete. This could leave your live site in an incomplete state ie. broken.
Start File Copy : As the label states this button will start only the file synchronisation, once it's completed nothing else will happen. This can be handy if you're just replacing media on the live site without making any other changes as it is much quicker than the replication of database tables. In the example "Publish Articles" Plan this will copy the files in the /images directory.
Start Database Copy : As you would expect this button will perform just the database copy section of the current Plan, no files (PDF's, images etc) will be copied during this step. In the example "Publish Articles" Plan this will copy only those tables specified by the Plan creator in the "Tables" tab.
Copy All : As you would expect this button will perform both the file copy and the database copy section of the current Plan. In the example "Publish Articles" Plan this will copy the files in the /images directory and then copy only those tables specified by the Plan creator in the "Tables" tab.
Clicking on any of these buttons will make the Plan present a confirmation prompt, to make sure you really want to proceed. In Google's Chrome it looks this:
What happens when a Plan runs?
The process that EasyStaging follows after you click one of the buttons is relatively simple, and proceeds as follows:
- Checks in with the server.
- The server checks the user has permission and that the current user session is valid by Joomla! standards.
- If all is good we give the Plan the "go-ahead" to proceed.
- If the sever responds that all is OK
- the Plan updates it's current status (so you can see that all good so far) and then
- the Plan proceeds to the next step.
- If you clicked the "Start File Copy" button
- the Plan asks the server to prepare the rsync command (and updates its Status for each step)
- the server creates an exclusion file based on settings it has for the Plan
- if that's works then the server tells that Plan it's ready for the next step.
- once the server confirms that the rsync is ready to run the Plan asks the server to execute it
- the server runs the rsync command and returns the results and a status code to the Plan
- the Plan displays the results and if the Status code was OK then proceeds to the next step.
- If you clicked the "Start Database Copy" button
- the Plan asks for the list of tables that it's allowed to copy to the database live site (and updates its Status for each step)
- the server prepares the list based on the setting for each table in the current Plan
- a table may be set to "Don't Copy" in which case it's left off the list.
- a table may be set to "Copy To Live" in which case it's added to the list
- a table may be set to "Copy To Live, Only if not Found"
- in this case if the sever checks the "Live" site to see if it has a table by that name
- if no table is found it's added to the list
- if a table with the same name is found then the table is ignored.
- this is useful for table like the session table where you don't want to blow away the session information of current users of the site.
- the list of tables is return to the Plan
- the Plan asks the server to create an export file for a table in the list
- the server creates the list and passes the result back to the Plan
- the Plan gets the next table from the list and goes back to step 4D, until all tables are processed.
- The Plan asks the server to process the first file on the list
- The server runs the table export and send the result back to the Plan
- The Plan get the next file name and goes back to step 4G, until all tables are processed again.
- If you clicked the "Copy All" button
- Step 3 is run.
- If no errors occur then
- Step 4 is run.
- Once the Plan reaches the end
- all the log and SQL export files are ZIP'ed up into an archive for later if required.
- the Plan's status and last run information is updated in the database.
- You see a completed message with secondary details.
Visually you will see several things happening while a Plan is running. After you've confirmed that you want the Plan to run EasyStaging will start providing feedback details like:
- what stage its at
- how long since the last server response
- any details the server sends back about each step.
- Category: 1.0
- Published on Friday, 03 August 2012 22:06
- Written by Craig Phillips
- Hits: 1623
This article is about a previous version of EasyStaging and is out of date, the current version is 1.1.1
Installation of EasyStaging 1.0
Warning - never install EasyStaging on a publicly accessible website. EasyStaging is only meant to be installed on private development/staging servers that don't have public access.
EasyStaging is installed like any standard Joomla! component, using the Extension Manager.
Navigate to Extensions->Extension Manager->Install
Choose the latest version of EasyStaging and click the "Upload & Install" button.
Alternatively, you can paste the Direct Link you copied previously into the Install from URL field.
After the installation you will see a message similar to this one if it was successful:
To use EasyStaging select Components->EasyStaging and you will be presented the EasyStaging Manager as shown below:
The Manager has all of the standard Joomla! button for managing staging plans. The standard "Plan" buttons include the "New", "Edit", "Publish", "Unpublish" and of course "Delete".
Finally the Manager has a standard Options button for managing staging plans. There are two tabs in the Options screen, the first allows you to set preferences for the way EasyStaging handles data and the second tab allows you to use Joomla's standard permission model to control who can access the component and create, edit or run plans.
The next article covers creating a new plan.