- Home /home on the range…
EasyTable Pro! product info & how-to's
- Creating & Editing Rows
- Editor Features
- Field Types & Storage
- Upload Interface
- Modifying Table Structures
- Linking External Tables
- About the Current Release
- Get EasyTable Pro!
- Getting Started
- Manager Features
- EasyCode Include
- EasyTable Pro! product info & how-to's
Downloads get your files here...
- EasyTable Pro!
- EasyMIGS for VM
- EasyGoSquared Pro
- CommWeb/MIGS for VM2
- EasyNAB for AkSubs
- EasyNAB for JDonation
- EasyGoSquared …a GoSquared plugin that works…
- EasyTypeTools …Font Awesome and more for Joomla…
- EasySafari …a plugin for Safari 9 pinned tabs…
- EasyCode Include ...the geeks content plugin...
- EasyFooTables ...the cool tables plugin...
- EasyGoogleCSE ...the easy Google search mod...
- EasyStaging ...your website staging helper...
- EasyDownloads ...your secure download manager...
- EasyTable for J! free... as in beer.
- Register for Forums
To transfer files to a target server you must be able to connect to that server via:
- SSH via Private/Public Key
- MySQL Remote
As long as your live server (hosting provider) allows you to connect to it with all three methods then EasyStaging should work.
Can I use EasyStaging on a shared host/public server/Go Daddy… NO,NO, NO!
EasyStaging should only be run on servers accessible only on private networks or via a secure VPN.
We don't run EasyStaging on production machines, in our setups for clients a staging site is never on the same server as a production site (in fact they're never on the same network). Using EasyStaging on publicly accessible servers is not safe and we do not support or recommend its use on publicly accessible servers.
EasyStaging is meant to only be installed on local network development server, a secured staging server on a private network or accessable only by secure VPN.
It should not be installed on a publicly accessable server.
Support for EasyStaging is not provided.
We do provide a community forum where you can discuss EasyStaging with other user (but, it's pretty barren as anyone using it should be able to address any problems they encounter).
EasyStaging is a dangerous tool, if you can't figure out basic issues (e.g. installation issues, file permissions, out of memory problems, server configuration and setup, user permissions i.e. PAM failures) that occur with Joomla! then you shouldn't be using it.
If you do understand all of these things and still have problems, here's our normal order of trouble shooting when a new site is being setup
When EasyStaging won't connect to the live server:
If EasyStaging doesn't connect to the live server then the first things to check are:
- That your host is running a LAMP based server (i.e. a unix variant with all the standard ssh, rsync etc available).
- That your server and development machines are using PHP 5.3.10+ or later
- That SSH access works, try this from your Terminal application (or your development server)
- Open a Terminal window
- Try to ssh to your server, e.g.
- If this fails either:
- your server is not setup correctly (may not have your public key installed) or
- you don't have SSH setup on your computer/development server (is your private key properly associated with this host in your ssh configuration?)
- There are lots of articles on generating SSH keys (e.g. GitHub) and configuring SSH host+key settings, you should read some of them.
- Connect to your server using SFTP, the easiest way we find is to open up a nice realiable GUI app like Transmit (I'm sure there are similar easy to use products on Windows oh wait…)
- If you can not connect with SFTP but can with FTP, go back to Step 3 and fix your SSH, if it really is working then
- Have you configured your GUI app correctly? (i.e. you've told it what private key to use to connect to your server)
- Connect to MySQL on your live server using a gui tool (like SequelPro) using the credentials you're placing in EasyStaging.
Use the test features to try and connect to the live server, the replies are very helpful ;)
When EasyStaging, won't "run" a plan or step:
- Make sure you can run rsync from your command line without a password prompt
- Use a web debugging proxy (like Charles) to check what is being sent between your browser and the server.
When the EasyStaging interface looks "wrong"
(yes, seriously that's the sort of helpful description we get)
- See 1 (100 times out of 100, so far it's been resolved to a CSS/JS file not being loaded).
When EasyStaging hangs in the Database step…
The 1.0 version of the free EasyStaging will on some setups will hang in the Database Step (usually after telling you it has connected successfully) during the initial Plan run. If the remote database is empty and this happens simply add a table to the remote database using PHPMyAdmin or similar and re-run the plan.
When you don't understand what your doing, see our first sentence at the top of this FAQ.
With 'rsync' the permissions are based on the user account that rsync connects to at the target location. Depending on your OS and whether rsync is being connected via ssh or rsyncd will affect the permissions that are applied.
e.g. if you have a WHM/cPanel server, you should always connect to the cPanel user account for the website in question, that way the permissions will match.
EasyTable Pro! Subscriptions
EasyTable Pro! Subscriptions are available for 1 or 3 months.
Popular Related Articles
With EasyTable Pro's field options you can combine several fields to produce a custom URL for each record. There are lots… Read More +
Read More +
Sorting CSS Classes
When table sorting is enable clicking on the column heading will sort the records on the current page… Read More +
EasyTable for J 1.0+ and EasyTable Pro! imports data in a CSV file format. (EasyTable Pro! also supports the TSV… Read More +
With EasyTable Pro's field options you can combine several fields to produce a custom URL for each record.
This FAQ assumes… Read More +